Alternative academic Calendar By KVS RO Jabalpur
1 Question Bank By KVS RO Jabalpur
2 Question Bank By KVS RO Jabalpur
Data Handling using Pandas -I
- Introduction to Python libraries- Pandas, Matplotlib.
- Data structures in Pandas – Series and Data Frames.
- Series: Creation of Series from – ndarray, dictionary, scalar value
- mathematical operations; Head and Tail functions; Selection, Indexing and Slicing
- Data Frames: creation – from dictionary of Series, list of dictionaries
- Text/CSV files display, iteration
- Operations on rows and columns
- add, select, delete, rename
- Head and Tail functions
- Indexing using Labels, Boolean Indexing; Joining, Merging and Concatenation.
- Importing/Exporting Data between CSV files and Data Frames.
Data handling using Pandas – II
- Descriptive Statistics: max, min, count, sum, mean,
- median, mode, quartile, Standard deviation, variance
- DataFrame operations: Aggregation, group by, Sorting
- Deleting and Renaming Index, Pivoting.
- Handling missing values – dropping and filling.
- Importing/Exporting Data between MySQL database and Pandas.
- Data Visualization
- Purpose of plotting
- drawing and saving following types of plots using Matplotlib – line plot
- bar graph, histogram, pie chart, frequency polygon, box plot and scatter plot.
- Customizing plots: color, style (dashed, dotted), width
- adding label, title, and legend in plots.
Unit 2: Database Query using SQL
- Math functions: POWER (), ROUND (), MOD ().
Text functions: UCASE ()/UPPER (), LCASE ()/LOWER ()
- MID ()/SUBSTRING ()/SUBSTR (), LENGTH ()
- LEFT (), RIGHT (), INSTR (), LTRIM (), RTRIM (), TRIM ().
- Date Functions: NOW (), DATE (), MONTH (), MONTHNAME ()
- YEAR (), DAY (), DAYNAME ().
- Aggregate Functions: MAX (), MIN (), AVG (), SUM (), COUNT (); using COUNT (*).
- Querying and manipulating data using Group by, Having, Order by.
- Operations on Relations – Union, Intersection, Minus, Cartesian Product, JOIN
Unit 3: Introduction to Computer Networks
- Introduction to networks
- Types of network: LAN, MAN, WAN
- Network Devices: modem, hub, switch, repeater, router, gateway
- Network Topologies: Star, Bus, Tree, Mesh.
- Introduction to Internet, URL, WWW and its applications- Web, email, Chat, VoIP.
- Website: Introduction, difference between a website and webpage
- static vs dynamic web page, web server and hosting of a website.
- Web Browsers: Introduction, commonly used browsers
- browser settings, add-ons and plug-ins, cookies.
Unit 4: Societal Impacts
- Digital footprint, net and communication etiquettes
- data protection, intellectual property rights (IPR)
- plagiarism, licensing and copyright
- free and open source software (FOSS)
- cybercrime and cyber laws, hacking, phishing
- cyber bullying, overview of Indian IT Act.
- E-waste: hazards and management.
- Awareness about health concerns related to the usage of technology.