Alternative academic Calendar By KVS RO Jabalpur
Question Bank By KVS RO Jabalpur
Part A: Contemporary World Politics
Chapter 1 : Cold War and Non-aligned Movement
- Emergence of two power blocs/Bipolarity
- Non-aligned Movement (NAM).
Chapter 2 : The End of Bipolarity
- Disintegration of Soviet Union
- Unipolar World
- Middle East Crisis – Afghanistan, Gulf War
- Democratic Politics and Democratization
- CIS and the 21st Century (Arab Spring).
Chapter 3 : New Centres of Power
- Organizations: European Union, ASEAN, SAARC, BRICS.
- Nations: Russia, China, Israel, India.
Chapter 4 : South Asia and the Contemporary World
- Conflicts and efforts for Peace and Democratization in South Asia:
- Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives.
Chapter 5 : United Nations and its Organizations
- Principle Organs, Key Agencies:
- UNESCO, UNICEF, WHO, ILO,
- Security Council and the Need for its Expansion.
Chapter 6 : Security in Contemporary World
- Security: Meaning and Types;
Chapter 7 : Environment and Natural Resources
- Environmental Movements,
- Global Warming and Climate Change,
- Conservation of Natural Resources.
- Chapter 8 : Globalization
- Globalization: Meaning,
- Manifestations and Debates.
Part B: Politics in India Since Independence
Chapter 9 : Challenges of Nation- Building
- Nation and Nation Building,
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Integration of States,
- Legacy of Partition: Challenge of Refugee,
- Resettlement, Kashmir Issue,
- Nehru’s Approach to Nation – Building,
- Political Conflicts over Language and Linguistic Organization of States.
Chapter 10 : Planning and Development
- Changing nature of India’s Economic Development,
- Planning Commission and Five year Plans
- National Development Council, NITI Aayog.
Chapter 11 : India’s Foreign Policy
- Principles of Foreign Policy
- India’s Changing Relations with Other Nations: US, Russia, China,Israel
- India’s Relations with its Neighbours: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Myanmar
- India’s Nuclear Programme.
Chapter 12 : Parties and the Party Systems in India
- Congress System, Bi-party System
- Multi-party Coalition System.
Chapter 13 : Democratic Resurgence
- Jayaprakash Narayan and Total Revolution
- Ram Manohar Lohia and Socialism
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay and Integral Humanism
- National Emergency,
- Democratic Upsurges –
- Participation of the Adults, Backwards and Youth.
Chapter 14 : Social and New Social Movements in India
- Social vs. New Social Movements
- Farmer’s movements,
- Worker’s Movements
- Women’s Movements,
- Ecological Movements.
Chapter 15 : Regional Aspirations
- Rise of Regional Parties
- Punjab Crisis
- The Kashmir issue
- Movements for Autonomy.
Chapter 16 : Indian Politics: Trends and Developments
- Era of Coalitions: National Front
- United Front
- United Progressive Alliance [UPA] – I & II
- National Democratic Alliance [NDA] – I, II, III & IV
- Issues of Development and Governance.