Unit 1: India and the Contemporary World – I
Sub-unit 1.1 : Events and processes: (All the three themes are compulsory)
- I. The French Revolution:
- [Video 1by SP Dandayat TGT SST, KV Jamai]
- [Video2 by SP Dandayat TGT SST, KV Jamai]
- (a) The Ancient Regime and its crises.
- (b) The social forces that led to the revolution.
- (c) The different revolutionary groups and ideas of the time.
- (d) The legacy. (Compulsory Chapter-1)
II. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution:
- (a) The crises of Tzarism.
- (b) The nature of social movements between 1905 and 1917.
- (c) The First World War and foundation of Soviet state.
- (d) The legacy. (Chapter 2)
III. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler:
- (a)The growth of social democracy
- (b) The crises in Germany.
- (c) The basis of Hitler’s rise to power.
- (d) The ideology of Nazism.
- (e) The impact of Nazism. (Chapter 3)
Sub-unit 1.2: Livelihoods, Economies and Societies:
IV. Forest Society and Colonialism:
- (a) Relationship between forests and livelihoods.
- (b) Changes in forest societies under colonialism.
V. Pastoralists in the Modern World:
- (a) Pastoralism as a way of life.
- (b) Different forms of pastoralism.
- (c) What happens to pastoralism under colonialism and modern states?
VI. Peasants and Farmers:
- (a) Histories of the emergence of different forms of farming and peasant societies.
- (b) Changes within rural economies in the modern world.
Unit 2: Contemporary India – I
- 1. India – Size and Location [Video by SP Dandayat, TGT Social Science, KV Jamai]
- 2. Physical Features of India: relief, structure, major physiographic unit.
- 3. Drainage:
- 4. Climate:
- 5. Natural Vegetation and Wild Life:
- 6. Population:
Unit 3: Democratic Politics – I
- 2. What is Democracy? Why Democracy?:
- 3. Constitutional Design:
- 4. Electoral Politics:
- 5. Working of Institutions:
- 6. Democratic Rights:
Unit 4: Economics
- 1. The Story of Village Palampur: Story of Palampur Village introduction [Link shared by Mr, Dhaniraj Indorkar, KV Barkuhi] [Link shared by Mr. Dhaniraj Indorkar, KV Barkuhi]
- 2. People as Resource:
- 3. Poverty as a Challenge:
- 4. Food Security in India:
Unit 5 : History
- Chapter-1: The French Revolution
- Outline map of France
- Outline map of France
- Chapter-2: Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
- Outline map of World
- Major countries of First World War:
- Chapter-3: Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
- Major countries of Second World War:
- Territories under German expansion (Nazi power):
Unit 6 : Geography
- CH-1 : INDIA-SIZE AND LOCATION
- CH-2 : PHYSICAL FEATURES OF INDIA
- CH-3 : DRAINAGE
- CH-4 : CLIMATE
- CH-5 : NATURAL VEGETATION AND WILD LIFE
- CH-6 : POPULATION (location and labelling)